Modern BANT Sales Qualification
If you’ve worked in Sales in the past then you’ve heard of the BANT criteria as a way to qualify prospects. BANT (budget, authority, need, timeline) has been around for decades and many sales professionals like it for its logic and as a great starting point in the absence of a more specific methodology (most sales people don’t use any methodology).
Jacco Van der Kooij recently published an article up titled BANT Sales Qualification for a New Era, where he argues that BANT needs to be modernized based on factors like SaaS being less of an upfront expense so budget isn’t as big of a concern as it used to be, decision making often goes through a process, as opposed to a specific person, and more. Here’s Jacco’s modern BANT with a new order:
- N = Need = Impact on the customer business
- T = Time-line = Critical event for the customer
- B = Budget = Priority for the customer
- A = Authority = Decision Process the customer goes through
Check out the article here, its a must read for any sales rep. battling to try to find an edge in the modern business world.
You might also like:
Posted by Alvaro Tassano on InterConnecta
Check Our Categories
- Business Intelligence
- Help Desk
- Project Management
- Social Media
- The all-new Zoho Campaigns is here!
- Stop Sacrificing CRM Usability for Your Sales Process!
- Let’s Talk About ‘Growth Hacking’
- Salesforce and Google Partner to Connect Sales, Marketing and More for Business
- Introducing the New Zoho CRM Plus : The world’s most powerful customer engagement suite